One of the staples of a genuine wedding is the beloved father-daughter dance. It is one of the last moments a father has to truly cherish his daughter before she continues the next chapter of her life. She is no longer daddy’s little girl, although she will be in her father’s eyes until the day he dies. A great father-daughter dance should include pointers such as:
- Choose a song that is memorable.
- Feel free to dance to an abbreviated version of the song.
- Choose your song far enough in advance to practice.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your wedding band to learn your song selection.
For this wonderful moment, you will need to have a song that captures the pureness of this dance. Here are 11 popular father-daughter songs to consider for your wedding!
- I Loved Her First – Heartland
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Lullaby – Billy Joel
- Father Daughter – Paul Simon
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
- Cinderella – Steven Curtis Chapman
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- Your Joy – Chrisette Michele
- My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
- Dance With My Father – Luther Vandross
- Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
If you have a live wedding band performing at your special night, be sure they know about this song as soon as you pick it out. While you and your father practice the dance, the band will practice making sure this moment is simply perfect.